Electrical Quiz #2
Good luck and hope you enjoy this RSES Twin Cities quiz...
Your Email Address:
1) The Diac is like the thyrister because it is a special purpose bidirectional diode semiconductor device.
Darn, I'm not sure...
2) When a triac is connected into an AC circuit, it is a:
Unidirectional conducting device
Tridirectional conducting device
Capacitive discharge device
Bidirectional conducting device
3) One example of an opto-electronic component which is sensitive to light is the:
Analog output cell
Heat detecting cell
4) What causes the reed contacts of a reed relay to close?
5) A triac will conduct:
DC in the positive direction.
DC in the negative direction.
The negative half cycle of an AC waveform.
Both the positive and negative half cycles of an AC waveform.
The positive half cycles of an AC waveform.
6) A solid state relay, SSR, contains how many moving parts?
7) What is the single most important advantage of the solid state relay?
Number of moving parts
Range of voltages available
Amp ranges available
8) Solid state relays which are used to control AC load circuits usually have a ________ connected to the load side instead of a power transistor.
9) A good thermocouple normally produces about how many millivolts?
10) Electronic air filters should only work when the fan is running to prevent possible buildup of what?
Have a great day!