Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Quiz #1
Good luck on this RSES Twin Cities Quiz...
Your Email Address:
1) A thermostatic expansion valve properly selected, adjusted and installed performs the following functions.
Controls the air temperature leaving the condensor.
Keeps evaporator fully active under varying load conditions.
Controls the suction pressure.
Maintains desired superheat of refrigerant leaving the evaporator.
Controls head pressure at compressor.
2) Absolute pressure is obtained by...
3) The crankcase pressure regulating valve:
Opens on rise of inlet pressure.
Closes on rise of outlet pressure.
Opens on rise of outlet pressure.
Closes on rise of inlet pressure.
Opens on rise of inlet temperature.
Closes on rise of outlet temperature.
4) The purpose of a suction line accumulator is to:
Trap liquid refrigerant.
Trap refrigerant in the vapor state.
Accumulate excess vapor.
Trap and hold acid in the system.
5) Wet bulb and dry bulb temperatures are the same at:
6) A typical cooling tower requires about how many CFM per ton?
7) What part of a refrigeration system has the greatest superheat?
8) Suction risers are normally sized for oil return on the basis of what? [Choose most important item]
Height above compressor
Darn, I'm not sure
9) How will a capillary tube that is too long affect a condensing unit?
Overload condensing unit
Condensing unit will run hot
Will not affect operation of condenser
10) A walk-in cooler used to store meats should have a coil to box temperature differential of what?
2 to 6 degrees F.
15 to 20 degrees F.
8 to 10 degrees F.
25 to 30 degrees F.
I would like to phone-a-friend.
If you enjoyed this quiz, how about making on up and sending it to use for others to lean from?